Force overpowered by Seguin Huskies
FERGUS – The Seguin Huskies connected for seven power-play goals in their 15-3 victory over the Fergus Force in Greater Metro Junior A Hockey League play Tuesday night at the Centre Wellington Sportsplex.
Seguin was solid on its power play, scoring the seven goals on 10 power plays while Fergus was 2-for-5 on its power play.
Seguin led 5-0 at the end of the first period and 9-1 after the second.
Kolton Maguire was involved in all three of the Force’s goal as he scored two of them an assisted on the other one scored by Justin Bryenton. Blake Ward, Milan Bango and Beau Janssen each had one assist.
Ladislav Soos and Vili Liimatainen had hat tricks for the Huskies while Aleks Stoilov and Zan Markic scored twice each. Single goals were added by Aleksi Haapakoski, Aleksi Salminen, Georgi Blagoev, John Duffy and Kyle Torgerson who also had four assists. Niko Kakko had four assists, too, while Salminen, John Lilly, Juan Monge, Liimatainen and Markic had two each and Haapakoski, Charles Blandin, Devin Sroka, Horrance Cheung and Duffy had one each.
Seguin had 19 shots in the first period alone, more than Fergus had in the entire game. The Huskies outshot the Force 74-15 including a 32-6 advantage in the third period.
Cheung was the winning netminder for Seguin. Starter Kody Kushniruk took the loss for Fergus. He allowed seven goals on 24 shots in 34 minutes while Gilbert Oldrieve allowed eight goals on 50 shots in the remainder of the game.
Seguin is ninth in the 10-team North Division at 4-11-0-1 while Fergus is 10th at 1-13-0-0. The game marked the seventh time the Force’s opponent hit double digits in scoring and the fifth time in seven games. The Force has been outscored 71-11 in those seven games and 124-26 overall.
The Force is to host the eighth-place South Muskoka Shield (6-9-0-2) Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Centre Wellington Sportsplex before playing three consecutive games against the sixth-place Meaford Knights (9-5-0-2): Nov. 16 and 23 at Meaford and Nov. 19 at Fergus.
Huskies 15 Force 3
1. Seguin, Soos (unassisted), 3:17
2. Seguin, Stoilov (Salminen), 4:53 pp
3. Seguin, Liimatainen (Kakko, Salminen), 14:33
4. Seguin, Liimatainen (Haapakoski), 14:56
5. Seguin, Duffy (Blandin, Torgerson), 18:24
Penalties: Bango Ferg (unsportsmanlike conduct), 0:31; Janssen Ferg (high sticking), 4:09; Duffy Seg (high sticking), 11:32.
6. Seguin, Liimatainen (Kakko, Sroka), 4:43
7. Fergus, Bryenton (Maguire), 8:57 pp
8. Seguin, Soos (Markic), 10:46
9. Seguin, Stoilov (Torgerson, Markic), 12:56 pp
10. Seguin, Haapakoski (Liimatainen, Cheung), 14:42 pp
Penalties: Sroka Seg (unsportsmanlike conduct), Ward Ferg (slashing), 0:40; Trivisonno Ferg (cross checking), 5:50; Kakko Seg (tripping), 8:46; Janssen Ferg (high sticking), 12:14; Maguire Ferg (interference), 14:33; Futo Seg (game misconduct), Zatylny Ferg (checking from behind, game misconduct), 17:46.
11. Seguin, Torgerson (Duffy, Liimatainen), 0:54 sh
12. Seguin, Markic (Torgerson), 4:18 pp
13. Seguin, Markic (Torgerson, Monge), 4:19 pp
14. Fergus, Maguire (Ward), 6:45 sh
15. Seguin, Soos (Monge, Lilly), 7:32 pp
16. Seguin, Blagoev (Kakko, Lilly), 9:30 pp
17. Seguin, Salminen (Kakko), 9:43
18. Fergus, Maguire (Bango, Janssen), 11:05 pp
Penalties: Cahill Seg (roughing), 0:40; Janssen Ferg (interference major), 3:33; Bango Ferg (unsportsmanlike conduct), 9:15; Blagoev Seg (cross checking), 10:20; Bango Ferg (charging major), 16:13.
Shots on Goal
Goalies: Cheung (W, 15 shots-12 saves), Seguin; Kushniruk (L, 34 min., 24 shots-17 saves), Oldrieve (26 min., 50 shots-42 saves), Fergus.
Power Plays (goals-chances): Seguin 7-10, Fergus 2-5.
- Guelph Sports Journal