Regals give up five in a row in loss to Hamilton
HAMILTON – The Guelph Regals surrendered five consecutive goals as they suffered a 9-4 loss to the Hamilton Bengals in Ontario junior B lacrosse play Thursday night at the Dave Andreychuk Arena.
The five-goal spree by Hamilton broke a 2-2 tie. The Bengals led 3-2 at the end of the first period and 7-3 after the second.
Mitch Taylor and Josh Fairey scored twice each for the Regals while assists went to Shane Halliwell, Marcus Keleher, Ethan Keleher and Gavin Lang.
Yvon Bolduc fired in a hat trick for Hamilton while Luke Robinson scored twice and Max Lewis, Cooper Day-Allison, Tye Argent and Hunter Aggus each had one goal. Jacob Parkinson set up four of the goals while Argent, Bolduc, Tanner Brenneke and Robinson each had two assists and Michael Grace and Day-Allison had one each.
The Bengals outshot the Regals 51-45 and went 3-for-8 on their power play while the Regals were scoreless on 11 power plays.
Brady Wilson had 42 saves for Guelph while Dylan Sprentz had 41 for Hamilton.
The Regals fall to 2-4-1 with the loss while Hamilton stands at 4-1-0.
The Regals have a pair of games this weekend as they’re to host the Wallaceburg Red Devils (3-3-1) Saturday at 7 p.m. at the Victoria Road arena and they’re to play the Elora Mohawks (5-1-1) Sunday at 7 p.m. at the Elora and District Community Centre.
Bengals 9 Regals 4
1. Hamilton, Max Lewis (Tye Argent, Jacob Parkinson) 2:17
2. Hamilton, Cooper Day-Allison (Yvon Bolduc, Tanner Brenneke) 7:01
3. Guelph, Mitch Taylor (Shane Halliwell) 9:39
4. Guelph, Mitch Taylor (Marcus Keleher) 12:09
5. Hamilton, Tye Argent (Michael Grace, Jacob Parkinson) 17:21 sh
Penalties: Cam Wheeldon Gue (unnecessary roughness), Blake Dunford Ham (unnecessary roughness), 9:30; Yvon Bolduc Ham (slashing), 12:08; Carter McGrath Gue (high sticking), 13:04; Ethan Riggs Ham (interference), 16:36; Shane Halliwell Gue (illegal cross checking), 19:05.
6. Hamilton, Yvon Bolduc (Tye Argent, Luke Robinson) 0:28 pp
7. Hamilton, Luke Robinson (Cooper Day-Allison) 1:06
8. Hamilton, Luke Robinson (Tanner Brenneke, Yvon Bolduc) 1:55 pp
9. Hamilton, Yvon Bolduc (Jacob Parkinson) 5:52 pp
10. Guelph, Josh Fairey (Ethan Keleher) 6:43 sh
Penalties: Gavin Lang Gue (holding), 1:39; Shane Halliwell Gue (slashing), 4:24; Marcus Keleher Gue (slashing), 5:46; Ethan Riggs Ham (illegal cross checking), 8:07; Blake Dunford Ham (illegal cross checking), 10:30.
11. Hamilton, Hunter Aggus (unassisted) 9:37 sh
12. Hamilton, Yvon Bolduc (Luke Robinson, Jacob Parkinson) 11:45
13. Guelph, Josh Fairey (Gavin Lang) 15:54 sh
Penalties: Liam Holwell Gue (interference), 1:34; Tye Argent Ham (slashing), 1:44; Hunter Aggus Ham (illegal cross checking, unsportsmanlike conduct), 4:57; Tye Argent Ham (illegal cross checking), Yvon Bolduc Ham (slashing), 5:55; Matthew Vilas Gue (holding), 7:16; Dawson Brown Ham (slashing), 12:50; Jack Burke Gue (holding), 15:25; Cooper Day-Allison Ham (slashing), 16:51.
Shots on Goal
Goalies: Brady Wilson (L, 51 shots-42 saves), Guelph; Dylan Sprentz (W, 45 shots-41 saves), Hamilton.
Power Plays (goals-chances): Guelph 0-11; Hamilton 3-8.
- Guelph Sports Journal